LOST Returns. So to speak.

on

Writer's strikes be damned!

ABC has announced that a series of LOST "mobisodes" (mobile episodes. Sigh. Never underestimate Hollywood's ability to needlessly combine words) will be released on abc.com starting on Monday, November 12th (credit: EW. Click here for article. Thanks to Lincoln A. for passing along).

One two to three-minute episode, each week, comprising a series called "Missing Pieces." I'm not sure I'm even ready for this. Ever since hearing Jack desperately plead, "We've gotta go back, Kate. We weren't supposed to leave!" I've spent my hours like a lonely child whose father "left for the store," eight years ago, constantly reassuring myself that "It'll be back. Lost will be back. It just went to the store for beer. It'll be back."

My daily consolation comes in the form of a Mac widget that features a countdown to LOST's return amidst the visage of a grinning, maniacal, grenade-wielding Mikhail Bukanin.

But now I'm in a tailspin. I don't know what to think. Please, somebody tell me how to contain my excitement. Also, I'm traveling on business next week, so I will be desperately searching rural Minnesota for an internet connection through which to satiate my longing for LOST. If you're familiar with rural Minnesota wi-fi hot spots, please advise.

na-freakin'-maste.
.charlie

3 Snarky Comments:

bret welstead's old profile said...

I hate to bring it up, but I'm wondering if LOST is a sure thing for this season? It seems like the "cellulodes" (I like my combination of cellular and episodes better than "mobisodes") are coming on the heels of the news of the writers strike, which could last a long time and has already sidelined a number of great serial shows, including Heroes (a new fave of mine) and 24.

How is the writers strike going to affect the return of our favorite show? Has anyone heard anything?

Charlie said...

Great point, Bret. I don't know, I've heard that LOST's showrunner is among the picketers, and if so, things could be sidelines. But filming did begin some time ago, so I'm hoping they've gotten somewhat ahead of schedule and can hold out until the strike is over.

For what it's worth, I'm with the writers on this one. They're getting screwed, and I hope the exec's pull their head out and give in so I can get my shows back.

Serenity Now!

bret welstead's old profile said...

That's the impression that I get, too: the writers deserve better than they're getting. You'd think they could write a better chant, though:

"We write the story-a! Eva Longoria!"

Here's hoping for a quick end to the strike...